Saturday, February 25, 2006

Reader Rant: Republican Off Target Attacking Mike Kovack

Medina County’s Auditor, Michael Kovack, was called up to active duty by the Navy Reserves. He has filed for re-election. His opponent, Republican Holly Goodyear, stated in Friday’s (2/17/2006) Gazette that the auditor’s office is “without a leader.”

Well, I’ve been a Medina County resident for almost two years now, and I believe I’ve never lived anywhere else where the auditor’s office did such a good job of communicating with the public. I received a postcard after the first of the year notifying me of the changes to my taxes that were on the horizon, so I could prepare for the bill in February. I have had occasion to do numerous searches of the auditor’s website, and have always been able to find the necessary information. I was even able to renew my dog’s license on-line. In short, the quality of service from the auditor’s office does not seem to have suffered one bit with the physical absence of Mr. Kovack. If the Gazette was able to reach him by phone, he is clearly not out of touch.

I find it disturbing and disrespectful that the Republican candidate, the candidate of the party that is responsible for our armed forces being stretched to the breaking point, is giving the Democratic candidate a difficult time about his service to our country.

karlasrobinson@zoominternet.net
__________________________________________________________________________________
The above first appeared as a letter to the editor. The author gave us permission to reprint her letter.

No comments: